Line Haul Driver
Saia LTL Freight Inc
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Line Haul DriverJob ID 246577 Job Location Trenton, New Jersey Date posted 01/05/2024
Job DescriptionSaia LTL Freight is currently hiring for Class A Line Haul Drivers. Our Drivers will operate various tractor-trailer combinations for extended periods of time, over long distances, between company terminals or yards, company facilities and customer facilities or work sites. About 80% of our line haul drivers have set runs and are home most days of the week. Our average line haul pay is over $100,000 per year!
- Operate tractor-trailer safely within DOT regulations that govern safe driving, hours of service, inspection, maintenance, and transportation of hazardous materials
- Conducts thorough pre and post trip inspections of equipment to determine if equipment is ready to go, safety to operate, and properly placard according to the nature and amount of the cargo contained.
- Drops, hooks spots, switches and otherwise interchanges equipment including hooking and unhooking trailers from the tractor itself and attaching or detaching of various types of converter gear on semi-trailers and/or the front support on converter dollies and pup trailers.
- Verifies the load against the shipping papers, noting any overages, shortages or damages.
- Safety operates tractor-trailer equipment in different configurations as assigned.
- Provide professional representation of the company when in contact with public safety or law enforcement officials and the general public.
Job RequirementsJob Requirements
- 21 years of age or older
- Current Class A CDL with Doubles/Triples, Hazmat, and Tankers endorsements
- 1 year tractor trailer experience with some experience in the last 24 months
- OTR experience helpful
- Must have basic understanding of hand held mobile applications