Driver Support Representative
The Driver Support Representative is responsible for ensuring that all drivers have a positive, organized, and thorough experience at the terminal. This position will serve as the driver’s liaison for all issues regarding on-boarding, travel, orientation schedule and material, equipment assignment and familiarization, terminal / facility directions, and any additional needs or issues.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
The job functions listed below represent the essential job duties and responsibilities of the above-listed position.
• Serve as the primary contact and owner of all drivers as they navigate through the terminal visit.
• Deliver a welcome presentation in Driver Orientation as part of the Werner Welcome Experience; assist with each session to actively provide a visible resource to new drivers.
• Assign drivers to tractors and maintain driver tractor data in iSeries planning grid as well as maintain open trucks at the terminal.
• Educate drivers about the equipment and how to properly operate and maintain this equipment.
• Proactively reach out to drivers to confirm that their expectations are being met, and offer assistance if needed.
• Update all driver material/information as needed.
• Document all interaction with drivers, including issues and resolution, throughout the welcome experience.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisory personnel.
• Timely and regular attendance according to the scheduled shift as determined by supervisory personnel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Knowledge of Werner portfolio and business units.
• Ability to communicate, educate and negotiate in a professional manner.
• Ability to operate a PC, including iSeries, Excel, and Word.
• Strong decision-making skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• CDL preferred.
• High school graduate or equivalent experience.
• Three to five years transportation experience within the trucking industry preferred.
• One to two years of customer service experience preferred.
Werner Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, genetic information or veteran status or other status protected by law. We encourage applicants of all ages as we do not discriminate on the basis of an applicant's age.