Dedicated Team Driver - Home Weekly
Dedicated Team Driver - Home Weekly
Atlanta, GA, US, 30354
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
What you’ll do in a typical day:
We are seeking experienced team drivers to join our organization. You will be part of a two-person driving team, and together, you will navigate various routes, maintain CMV safety, and ensure compliance with transportation regulations. The position of Road Flex Team Driver requires the ability work in close proximity with another Driver in a sleeper tractor on extended runs, commonly called an over the road team driver. A team driver must be able and willing to operate various tractor-trailer combinations over long distances in a typical 5-day workweek away from home. Responsibilities include operating the vehicle safely within DOT regulations, meet the medical standards of the U.S. Department of Transportation, operate in all internal freight transportation work tools and required systems. The Road Flex Team Driver can enjoy the following:
• Only recruiting existing teams; both team members must submit an application to this position
• Typical schedule is 5 days on, 2 days off
• Full health insurance benefits available on day one
• Hourly pay for 6 holidays
• PTO offered
• 401k with company match
• Loads run between XPO facilities for pickup and drop off – working with fellow XPO employees
• No touch and in house freight
• Shops and fueling stations across the network to reduce delays
• 2023 Freightliner and Kenworth automatic trucks
• Microwaves and refrigerators in sleeper cabs
• Tool and repair kit in tractors
• Reimbursement for on the road showers
• Weekly pay
• Mileage pay will be paid at the designated rate of $0.87 per mile, split between each driver ($0.435 per mile) for all tasks related to the completion of the load
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- To be 21 years of age or older
- Valid Class A commercial driver’s license
- Have a working knowledge of vehicle safety and control systems
- Safe driving record and history
- Hold a valid DOT Medical Certification Card or pass a company-paid DOT physical
- Availability to work away from home in a five-day work week
- Possess hazardous materials, tank vehicle and doubles/triples endorsements
It’d be great if you also have:
- Team driving or over the road experience
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, for effective coordination with dispatchers and team members
- The ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment, demonstrating strong teamwork and cooperation
This job requires the ability to:
• Lift objects of various shapes, sizes, and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally)
• Safely climb in/out of tractor cab/trailer
• Sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor
• Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
• Operate a tractor-trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours; in all types of weather, while safely transporting all freight types
• Properly operate a handheld device
• Partner with another Driver to achieve a common goal
• Be away from home up to 5 nights each week
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta