LGV C+E Driver Widnes 1
LGV C+E Driver Widnes 1
Widnes, GB, WA8 0PB
Logistics done differently
Can you imagine missing out on your favourite cereal or not being able to have your morning coffee? Without you, this could be an all-too-common reality. We at XPO Widnes, we're working in partnership with Tesco, and for this, we need you to come and save the nation! We are currently hiring Class 1 Drivers and have both full-time and part-time opportunities available. You will be working fixed AM or PM shifts out of our Widnes depot with various shift patterns available. We can provide guaranteed hours; a brand-new Renault fleet and a great bunch of people, plus you’ll get access to top discounts!
Pay, benefits and more
In return for your hard work, we’ll offer you a competitive Monday-Friday hourly rate of £14.60 for days, £17.00 for nights , £18.50 for weekend days and £19.00 for weekend nights. Weekly hours are based on a 45-hour working pattern and all shifts. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension and many other perks including ongoing CPC training and personal development opportunities.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
· You will have a fixed start time between 0000 to 2300 - there is an element of weekend working needed on every shift pattern
* Part time contracts are available for Thursday - Saturday shifts
· You will be delivering caged products direct to stores
· Routes cover the entirety of the North West from Cumbria to Aberystwyth
· Runs vary from 1-5 drops her shift
· You’ll predominantly run 13m trailers, but we operate a range of trailer sizes including double decks as well as Class 2 vehicles
What you need to succeed at XPO:
· A maximum of no more than 6 points on your license
· Up to date CPC and Digital Tacho Card
· No DD, DR points on your license
· A minimum of 12 months experience
Be part of something big
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.