Truck Driver Home Daily CDL A
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
· Home daily
· Experienced drivers can start at $32.58/hour
· Full health insurance benefits on day one
· Life and disability insurance
· Earn up to 13 days PTO over the course of your first year
· 9 paid company holidays
· 401(k) option with company match
· Education assistance
What you’ll do on a typical day:
· Safely operate a tractor-trailer combination, including doubles and triples
· Provide excellent service to customers, including generating sales leads
· Load and unload freight
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
· To be 21 years of age or older
· Valid Class A commercial driver's license
· Safe driving record and history
· Currently possess or willing to obtain hazardous materials, tank vehicle and doubles/triples endorsements within 90 days of employment
· To pass a DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals in the last 3 years
· Hold a valid DOT Medical Certification Card or pass a company-paid DOT physical
· Availability to work a flexible schedule that’s up to 12-14 hours in a day, including day, night and weekend shifts
It’d be great if you also have:
· Forklift experience
This job requires the ability to:
· Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally); move and position a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs.
· Safely climb in/out of a tractor cab/trailer
· Sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor and/or on a forklift; safely operate heavy equipment and a forklift
· Walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery (including working outdoors in inclement weather)
· Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
· Operate a tractor-trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting hazardous/non-hazardous materials
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.