18 Tonne Rigid Dropbox Driver Wetherby Moores Furniture Group 1
Logistics done differently.
Are you a Class 2 Driver, tired of making drop after drop after drop? Would you like to build your driving career with a respected logistics company? How about having a job where you get weekends off? All of this ticking your boxes? Then we would like to talk to you!
XPO is currently looking for a driver to be based at our site in Wetherby, where you will be delivering kitchens to construction sites and private customers. You will be working across the whole of the UK and should expect to have typically up to 2 nights out per week.
Pay, benefits and more.
You will be paid a salary of £29,200, with 44 hours guaranteed each week. You will also receive £5 a day meal allowance and £30 for every night out. You’ll have access to a variety of high street discounts, a cycle to work scheme, a workplace pension and many other perks including great training via the XPO University and ongoing CPC training.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Deliver kitchens across the UK, Rigid drop boxes that are to be manually unloaded to the back of the box by the driver, where they will offload it to an offloading crew that will then plot it out onsite.
- You will be driving Rigid / Wagon and Drag for this role
- Lift and carry kitchen goods to sites and customers so you must be able to lift heavy loads safely
- There is also a section of the job that requires deliveries into homeowners addresses where customer service is key and this is a room of choice delivery. Where this is required a ‘drivers mate’ will go with the driver to support with the offload and delivery into the customers house.
- Use scanners to confirm deliveries to customer sites
- New drivers are welcome.
What you need to succeed at XPO:
- Full LGV C
- Digi card and up to date CPC
- No more than 6 points on your licence with no DD, DR or IN Endorsements
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.