Truck Driver Student
Truck Driver Student
Manheim, PA, US, 17545
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
- Home daily
- Pay starts at $21.05/hour
- Full health insurance on day one
- Life and disability insurance
- Earn up to 13 days PTO over the course of your first year
- 9 paid company holidays
- 401(k) option with company match
- Education assistance
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Attend training sessions to obtain a CDL-A
- Gain on-the-job experience as an LTL Driver
- Under supervision, perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations (FMCSR)
- Maintain records in accordance with FMCSR, DOT and company policies
- Load and unload freight using a forklift as needed (touch freight)
- Verify and complete required documentation and reports
- Adhere to company safety policies
- Maintain contact with service center personnel in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- To be at least 21 years old
- 1 year of related experience
- Hold a valid state issued driver's license
- To attain a CDL-A permit by the first day of class; attain the following endorsements within 90 days of employment: double/triple trailers, tanker and HAZMAT
- Initiate the TSA fingerprint-based background check by completing the fingerprinting process no later than the second week of class
- Safe driving record and history
- To pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals in the last 3 years; pass a company-paid DOT physical
- To pass a company-paid DOT physical and pre-hire test (physical essential functions); perform essential functions with or without accommodation
- Availability to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, nights and weekends
It’d be great if you also have:
- Hold a valid state issued driver's license for a minimum of 12 months
- Forklift experience
- Class B CDL
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift freight and other objects of various shapes, sizes and weights up to 50 lbs. frequently and more than 75 lbs. occasionally
- Safely operate heavy equipment; move and position a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs.
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery; work in adverse weather conditions; climb in and out of a tractor cab and trailer, and sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor and/or forklift
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Operate a tractor-trailer combination (under supervision) up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting hazardous/non-hazardous materials
Be part of something big.
Don’t have your CDL-A yet? Learn more about our Driver School here.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties and skills for this job classification.
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Nearest Major Market: Lancaster
Job Segment: Intern, Entry Level